Alice in Wonderland

I just completed a custom order of an Alice in Wonderland Rebound Journal. The customer wanted to gift a journal to a dear friend who was grieving the loss of a family member.


This 1946 copy was well loved with the cover showing obvious signs of wear, but it was still charming and had beautiful illustrations (by John Tenniel, coloured by Fritz Kredel).


I kept many of the illustrated pages to wrap around each signature, or group of pages.


The customer also sent me several poems, which I printed off and interspersed between the blank pages.



I used a variation of the coptic binding with a double thread on the covers, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.


And I added a vintage button closure to make sure all those matters of the heart disclosed within the covers stay nice and safe.


I hope the recipient likes the book! I really enjoyed doing this custom order. It's so nice to know where my books will be going and what they might be used for.

Comments

  1. That looks really great! I love how you've preserved the spirit of the original book by using many of the pages and illustrations. That is a pretty special gift for someone to receive (or to give!). I'm sure the recipient and your customer will both be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzie! I showed the book to my husband before I sent it off, and he thought the poems were part of the original book because they blended in so well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I'd love to hear your response, so please add your comments here! I try to respond to all comments--some by email and some here on the blog.

Popular Posts