We used the recipe for cornstarch paste from Lili's Bookbinding Blog here, and added a little bit of glycerin to it to make it a little more flexible.
After laying out all our tools and supplies on Vivian's kitchen counter, we were set to go!
Lots of colours to choose from!
Our favourite tool was a blow dryer diffuser. Look around your house, and you never know what you might find to use!
We tried some different papers, including road atlas maps and index pages from large atlases--they both worked well.
We also tried "printing" by laying a clean sheet of paper on top of a wet sheet, and peeling it back. I found the second sheet picked up the print well, but the original lost quite a bit of definition, so I redid the first one.
If you don't have a drying rack, the sheets can take quite up a bit of floor space while drying! These are all the papers I made, and V and M made just as many.
As they dried, the edges curled. This is easily remedied by ironing between two sheets of plain paper (see how flat the papers are in the first photo).
I plan on using my papers for journal endpapers, like these two which have already found new homes. I'm looking forward to another Paste Paper day with some other friends in January!